You want to have wifi in your dormitory** room, but do not know how? No problem! I’m offering you my services. It really is plug & play: get the installation from me, go home, plug the cables in and that’s it.
- You get my own OpenWrt “Wohnheimnetz-Edition” with 802.1X PEAP authentication over ethernet cable
- Sticker on the router with all passwords, QR-Codes etc.
- A Manual with instructions for all important functions
- Support for the functionality of the router while in warranty (24 months). But no support for errors on your devices which are connected to the router.
- Security updates for at least 3 years (if possible, updates for devices with 4MB memory may not be possible that long)
- The software is OK with the rules from the Studierendenwerk
There are several possible ways to get my service, please select one possibility to see more.
Step 1: Look at the Hardware page and buy a compatible device. If you already have a device, check the same list for compatibility.
Step 2: Call me to make an appointment.
Step 3: Come to the indicated adress on time.
Step 4: I will install my software on your device and explain how to plug it in at home. You will pay 30€* (Uni/FH/OSK) or 45€* (TH OWL)
Caution: I can only install the software on a compatible device from the list. No FritzBox, Speedport, etc.
What to bring along
- Cash or Girocard
- Your device including the power supply
- A smartphone or tablet (or a laptop if you do not have anything else)
- Uni/FH/OSK: Username and password from your university / Fachhochschule / OSK account. It is the same username and password you use in the euroam wifi.
- TH OWL: You have to bring your personal certificate on a usb flashdrive and your password
–> How to get the certificate! If you buy a device make sure to buy a TP-Link Archer model or the recommended GL.iNet device from my list. Also when you talk to me mention first that you are from TH OWL because I have to do some different things than for everyone else.
Am Feuerholz 45, Bielefeld.
Please call me to make an appointment.
- Students with severe handicap get the on-site travel fee waived by me
- Repair of the plastic tab on the cable so it locks and does not slide out (a problem often occuring on older cables): 1€*
- Repair of the software outside the warranty: 5/10/15€* depending on the severity
- Installation of the manufacturers software: 10€* (If you want to move out and take your device with you instead of selling it to someone else)
* Beträge enthalten nach § 19 Abs. 1 UStG keine Umsatzsteuer. (German legal hint)
**Bielefeld: Arndtstr. 12-18, Große-Kurfürsten-Str. 66-78, Stennerstraße 21-23, Storchsbrede 23+25, Jakob-Kaiser-Straße 14-16, Wertherstr. 148, Universitätsstraße 1-17, Morgenbreede 6-14, 15-17, 19-23 and 29-33
Worms: All dormitories that require 802.1X authentication.